A bathroom renovation cost is never too much. For that reason, it is a good idea to determine it before you start throwing out the existing one in sequence to determine whether you can really afford it or if it’s a better idea to wait for a few months and collect enough money. The call is yours, so take your time before deciding as it a room that you frequently use on a daily basis.
It is almost impossible to calculate bathroom renovation cost to every cent because with most Adelaide home improvement projects there is always a chance of unlikable surprises which are not possible to predict before the renovation project is heading towards completion. There are many steps involved in the process of bathroom renovation and multiple times you have to grope your pocket and empty it. However, the sums of money you need to produce out are small and therefore it won’t pinch your pocket much.
You can calculate bathroom renovation cost very accurately if you pay attention to the following 5 top tips and add another 10 to 15 per cent to the sum for unexpected expenses:
- Novel bathroom fixtures: This is the easiest part of determining the cost of your renovation project. All you have to do is to calculate what you require and how much it will cost you. The on the whole price of new bathroom fixtures depends very much on the size of your bathroom, fixtures you wish to replace and your personal preferences when it comes to design, style, and materials.
- The scale of your renovation project: Obviously, the more complicated & extensive the project, the higher will be your bathroom renovation cost. Relocation of the fixtures, adding in brand new ones, so on & so forth, dramatically increases the cost of bathroom renovation. So, if you wish to stay within a set budget, you are recommended to think through it very well.
- Removal of the old bathroom: Removing old ceramic tiles, toilet, bathtub, etc. is hard labour but it will cost you a great deal of money when you hire someone to do the job for you. You cannot ruin anything if you remove the old bathroom on your own which is why it is worth considering a DIY (Do it yourself) project, of course, if you have that much time with you. This will majorly decrease your bathroom renovation cost.
- Installation of a brand new bathroom: Theoretically, you can install your brand new bathroom yourself but it is a better idea to leave over the installation part to trained professionals if you are not absolutely confident in your ‘Do it yourself’ skills. This will, of course, increase the costs of your project, but ruining your brand new bathroom would be even more expensive.
- Special issues: Before installing a brand new bathroom, it is a good idea to deal with special issues such as mould, electrical problems, a leak, etc. They will probably need professional help which will increase the bathroom renovation cost, however, installing a novel bathroom without dealing with mould, for instance, will not solve anything at all. Even more, it will rapidly ruin the appearance of your brand new bathroom, not to mention that it might even jeopardize your health. So, you have to be really careful before taking any step or deciding on anything in haste or carelessly.
Do not let the average Adelaide bathroom renovation cost stop you from creating your dream bathroom as there are many ways to make it a less pricey project.
In the days to come, your bathroom might no longer satisfy your needs and requirements. This can happen simply due to increasing in the number of people living in your home. It may also be due to the boring design that you no longer enjoy. Or probably because it is almost on the verge of crumbling down that you continuously experience problems while using it.
You can surely expect that this will happen to you someday or the other. Your bathroom is just like any part of your home. It could wear out in due course. When this time comes, you would have to set a budget for your bathroom renovation cost. Adelaide renovation turns your bathroom into a brand new facility while capturing your idea of style and comfort.
When you make a plan to renovate your bathroom, one of the most common queries that pop up or people ask is – “what is the cost of renovation?” It is quite understandable as renovation can be a major project that includes a lot of money. Some of the professionals and experts state that the typical bathroom renovation cost would fall between ‘9,000 to 25,000’ dollars. While others state it could cost around ‘12 to 15 thousand’ for minor renovations, ‘15 to 20 thousand’ for moderate changes, and up to ’30 thousand’ for top-quality renovations. However, there is no such specific cost because there are different parameters for pricing. Following are the different parameters that are responsible for your bathroom renovation cost:
• The size of the bathroom – You need to know exactly how huge your bathroom is. This’ll give you and your builder a clear estimate of an ensuite renovation cost depending on its floor area or wall space. You might have to get an accurate measurement or a good enough estimate of your bathroom space. Naturally, small bathroom renovations are cheaper.
• The kind of materials used – You may be planning to replace the sink, shower heads, toilet, faucets and other stuff. If top-quality materials will be used, expect the bathroom renovation cost to rise. You also have to know what has to be replaced as this might also impact the total cost.
• The complexity of your design – Some people may want to change the surface of the bathroom. Tiles and walls might be replaced and novel features may be added. This is foreseeable especially when the walls are beginning to rot or possibly, the tiles begin to loosen up. When the on the whole layout of the room will be altered, it will also increase the total bathroom renovation cost.
• The contractor you hired – Different contractors have different quotes and estimates. To get the most economical deal, you have to get more than one quotation. You might have to shop around a bit and find 2 or more reputable contractors. Surely, they will give you a copy of their written quotes.
Others would also ponder about renovating their bathrooms by themselves. This is a fantastic idea because you can make real what you have in mind for the design (given, of course, you know what you are doing). And on top of that, the cost of renovation can also be cut down about 20 to 40 per cent. Your bathroom renovation cost could really vary but it’s controllable. Just make sure not to compromise on the quality of materials merely to lower the cost.